Apply to Pennsylvania College of Art & Design
Welcome to the application for PCA&D's BFA degree program. We encourage you to apply online. Before you begin, you may want to review the admission requirements.
Prefer to mail in your application?
Print and complete the form and fax or mail to:
Attn. Admissions Department
Pennsylvania College of Art & Design
204 North Prince Street
P.O. Box 59
Lancaster, PA 17608-0059
P: (717) 396-7833 • F: (717) 396-1339
Have you already submitted your application but need to send your application fee payment? Pay online or to download our payment form to send by mail.
The admission department assesses students on a non-discriminatory basis and does not exclude the recruitment or enrollment of students based on financial background, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status, and does not discriminate against members of protected classes under the law.
- Art director and contributor of New York Times Best Selling Comic series, “FUBAR”
- Full-time graphic designer
- Lead background designer for The Fictory animation production of “Atomic Robo: Last Stop”
- Worked with White Wolf for the 6th edition of Gamma World
- Inked Tim Truman’s pencils on the Grimjack: Killer Instinct miniseries for IDW
- Freelance project with Rockstar Games NYC on the Grand Theft Auto IV add on “The Ballad of Gay Tony”
- Completed multiple character designs for Freeverse and Villain games
- Story contributor for The Magic Bullet #2 out of Washington D.C.
- Inked the finish for Ben and Tim Truman’s Hawken #6 on IDW
“What I learned at PCA&D: Good contacts and connections are worth their weight in gold. The difference between persistence and fanaticism is a working business model. Opportunity rarely ever exposes itself at your convenience. Nine times out of ten, finishing a project is far more valuable than starting. Leaving your desk/computer for a few hours here and there makes you a much more interesting person and it does the same for your work.”
Pamela S. Barby
Chair of Graphic Design and Assistant professor, Graphic Design Department
BFA, Kutztown University
Activities: American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) member, Society of Design member
Teaching Philosophy: Teaching is an opportunity to educate and inspire. My goal for students is to make them aware of design and how it touches almost every part of our lives. I encourage students to solve problems, discover opportunities and create work that will make them proud to call themselves artists.